The majority of doors are still protected merely with mechanical locks and keys, so lost or stolen keys can result in a huge security risk and costs.
Electronic key cabinets makes for easier storage and management of keys, which makes it possible that:
- mechanical keys are always kept on-site and are never taken home with employees,
- only authorized individuals or groups of employees have access to a certain key,
- there is a clear indication of who took a key and when,
- notification are transmitted if keys are not returned on time to their proper place,
- it is possible to verify whether keys are in use at any time.
Security lockers, which can only be used with a PIN code and an identification protocol, can be used to store laptops and phones, documents, money, weapons, and other inventory which must always be under supervision.